Skip to main content

Featured

On the Plate Tonight: Thursday, August 28, 2025

Bone-in ribeye, topped with butter-sauteed, sliced shitake mushrooms; steamed asparagus; baked yukon gold potato. Olive oil rather than butter over the veggies. Light salt, generous black pepper. Liberal use of Tabasco Family Reserve. I seasoned the meat with a dry rub of salt, garlic power, onion powder, and cayenne pepper about 3hrs before grilling, and let it get to room temp. Asparagus in the InstantPot. Potato cooked in microwave, and then a few minutes more in the air-fryer covered in olive oil. Rating: 65/100 Delicious but basic. That I wasn't actually cooking until 10pm (on a work day) probably accounts for the mediocrity.

Recovered @a9e Tweets (November through December 2014)

November 4 One day, Harry Reid will have to suffer, for the same reason. Landrieu is not the worst Democrat ever. She's just bad enough to be swept up. November 4 The ultimate negative ad - holding the feckless senator responsible for the threat to world peace. And yet, it rings true. November 4 Oh wow, this is amazing. Late moment political ad contra Landrieu, implicating her for Democrat pusillanimity about nuclear Iran. November 4 The risk I take as a stream-of-consciousness tweeter for about 7 years now... And only audited once! November 4 Some people track their unfollowers... seems like narcissistic work to me. To me, that's stalking. (But I do wonder how I pissed them off.) November 4 Al Sharpton should be in the new Star Wars movie. He's excellent with the filmic tropes. December 5 Candy Crowley will be remembered as a premier journalist that faked news to benefit a political party. December 5 (Retweet from @Hardline_Stance) Ever since #Ferguson, the drive-by media led by a trifecta of Obama, Holder, and Sharpton has been hellbent on creating Selma, AL, in the 60s. --Rush December 5 The obvious problem with democracy is the temporary, partial, ephemeral, procedural, bureaucratic opacity that accompanies humanity. December 5 Also proud of never being peer-pressured into voting for Obama. (However, I've voted for a lot of jerks and criminals, accidentally.) December 5 I've had the honor of not voting for Mary Landrieu in three elections now. December 5 (Retweet from @davidf4444) Well, I'm looking forward to the swing. I can't think of a single thing the government does well. It used to be defense. December 5 There was a time when the presidency, or being the mayor during a crisis, wasn't a joke. I saw it. It happened. Once upon a time. December 5 (Retweet from @davidf4444) This is no accident nor coincidence. It's been well-planned since 1913, including corrupting our education system and using MSM propaganda. December 5 I have to be honest. I am not anti-moderate. I think they are required. I just wish they'd lose power for once. I miss Reagan's power. December 5 (Retweet from @davidf4444) All of them belong retired. December 5 (Retweet from @davidf4444) I was here... that's why the 50s music remains the most loved. So upbeat & refreshing. December 5 POTUS celebrates the fact that the USA won't be defeated by liberal policies. We're salmon swimming upstream. The statistics are contrived. December 5 And I love Hagel, honor his service, but he was the Eeyore to Panetta's Pooh. Just not the sort of person fit for that position. December 5 Ash Carter...? A lot of things come to mind. He's got the immediate advantage of being less depressive than Hagel. Note: These tweets have been recovered from the Wayback Machine. The original formatting and timestamps have been translated and preserved for readability.

Comments

the best of what exactly?